…SF addict …

Monday, February 23, 2009

Going further back in time....

I thought I'd give Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea a go.(Publication date 1870,Published in English 1872)

I don't have a hard copy myself but I have it in electronic form as part of the '100 Classic Novels' on the Nintendo DS.
Verne was a French author and was in fact the first professional science fiction author, the only one of his books that I've read is 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' in a Cassell Children's Illustrated edition that I was given as a child and still have. I'm not sure what 20,000 Leagues is like but I've been informed it can be dull. Oh well,we'll see!

Well I've just finished it. Has taken me a while but that's more down to me than the book. It certainly was a slow read and nothing like any movie version I've seen. One might say that not much happens and its not really very 'SF' but on the whole I quite enjoyed the ride!

No comments: