…SF addict …

Thursday, December 17, 2009

3 nice book hauls!

Took a trip into town yesterday to spend some of my birthday money and droped into the book stall on the market! After a good rummage I found a couple of classic SF paperbacks, Tau Zero by Poul Anderson which I've been after for ages and The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin, an author I've yet to read! Deciding I was done I turned around and saw a huge book with the name Arthur C Clarke on it, it was The Snows of Olympus and I had to have it!




















Quite appropriate as it would have been his 92nd birthday yesterday!
Long live Sir Arthur!

2 comments:

j purdie said...

That's weird. The Philip K Dick blog I follow has his (Dick's) birthday as today. Two SF writers with birthdays so close together? I wonder if there's a pattern.

Haven't read much of Clarke myself, mostly short stories. You're lucky in that you have a second hand book stall. Haven't had one near me for years.

Larry said...

Oh yea, so it is!
"(December 16, 1928 – March 2, 1982)"
I also like the fact that Dick's years of birth and death are anagramatic! 28-82,you almost think he did that on purpose!