…SF addict …

Thursday, August 16, 2012

RIP Harry Harrison-click for obituary

American SF author Harrison dies Wednesday, 15 August, aged 87!

I've read a lot of his Stainless Steel Rat books and a few others-he always wrote with a sense of humour and humanness, and he was also known for creating the book that would become immortalised in the 1973 film Soylent Green about overpopulation.

He was incredibly popular at SF conventions, known for being very open and friendly, and was named a Grand Master by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America.

RIP Harry.....you will be missed!

2 comments:

j purdie said...

Hear hear. Always an enjoyable author. I ordered a couple of his paperbacks from Amazon when I heard. Hope to get them soon and read some more of his work. I only own Stainless Steel Rat books but I've read other works from him via the local library.

Larry said...

Gonna read 'Deathworld' next methinks...